In 1911, the population of Vancouver topped 120,000, the provincial courthouse of British Columbia opened in a handsome building on Georgia Street (which today houses the Vancouver Art Gallery) and George L. Cassady began his law practice.
From the beginning, the lawyers of Cassady & Company have sought to give back. At the heart of our firm is the conviction that we do not operate in a legal vacuum, but are members of a wider community. After a century of serving New Westminster and the Lower Mainland, we’ve grown quite attached, which is why to this day we remain dedicated to supporting the organizations that are working to safeguard the well-being of New Westminster, the Tri-Cities, and the entire Lower Mainland.
Cassady & Company helped set the bar, literally, by playing a leading role in the New Westminster Bar Association, the oldest in British Columbia. We believe in the power of education to build better communities; we’re long time supporters of Douglas College, the New Westminster School Board, as well as individual sports teams and athletes. Our firm is also committed to safeguarding the health of our community. We sponsor the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation and Monarch Place Transition House, a shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
Cassady & Company is honoured to support the following community organizations.
- Members of Cassady & Company have served as Past Director of this foundation.
- Endowment Bursary Supporter
- Supporter of the Legal Assistant Practicum Program. Our firm also regularly mentors students of this program, and several have since joined Cassady & Company as valued employees.
- Sponsor of Making the Cut Golf Classic
- Long-time sponsor of the Class Act Charity Ball
- Proud member of the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation Chairman’s Circle
- We support Monarch Place in their mission to provide shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
- Current members and past presidents of the oldest bar association in British Columbia
- Members of Cassady & Company have served as both directors and president
- Sponsors of the Chamber’s Doing Business in New Westminster magazine
- Supporters of the Hot Lunch Program
- Supporters of the dry grad program
- Providers of computer equipment for school programs
- Our firm sponsors athlete Finn Stark.
- Corporate sponsors
- Title Sponsors of the Pot of Gold golf tournament and the Heart of the Matter fundraiser
- Supporters of Rotary Club fundraising initiatives across New Westminster and the tri-city area
- Since our formation, we’ve been honoured to provide the gift to the outgoing May Queen.
RE/MAX Sabre Realty’s Annual Charity Golf Tournament;
- Sponsors in 2017
DO Business on the Green, co-hosted annually by Douglas College Foundation and the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce;
- Proud sponsors of this charity event, supporting student grants, and programs and services for local businesses