Cassady & Company takes the risk presented by COVID-19 very seriously. Our firm is complying with provincial and local policies regarding maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees and to ensure your well-being when you attend at our office.
In order to maintain a safe environment for our staff and clientele we need to ensure that you are following public health protocols and are safe to enter our premises. Prior to attending at Cassady & Company for your appointment, we require you to respond to the questions below.
1. Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Severe difficulty breathing (for example struggling to breath or speaking in single words);
- Severe chest pain;
- Having a very hard time waking up;
- Feeling confused;
- Losing consciousness.
YES – Please call 9-1-1 or go directly to your nearest emergency department. These symptoms require immediate attention. Please have someone call to cancel your appointment.
NO – Go to question 2.
2. Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath;
- Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing;
- Chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing.
YES – Please consult your family doctor or nurse practitioner. You can call 8-1-1 anytime to talk to a nurse at Healthlink BC and get advice about how you are feeling and what to do next. Pay attention to how you are feeling. If it becomes harder to breath, if you cannot drink anything or feel much worse, seek urgent medical care at an urgent care clinic or emergency department. Please call to cancel your appointment.
NO – Go to question 3.
3. Are you experiencing cold, flu or Covid-19-like symptoms, even mild ones?
- Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
YES – Go to question 2.
NO – Go to question 4.
4. Did you develop symptoms within 14 days of travel outside Canada?
YES – Please get assessed for a COVID-19 test and self-isolate for at least 14 days or longer depending on when your symptoms started. Please call to cancel your appointment.
NO – Go to question 5.
5. Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed Covid-19?
(Note: this means you would have been contacted by your health authority’s public health team.)
YES – Please get assessed for a COVID-19 test and self-isolate for 14 days. Please call to cancel your appointment.
NO – Go to question 6.
6. Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada including the United States within the last 14 days?
YES – Please self-isolate for 14 days and self-monitor. Please call to cancel your appointment.
NO – Proceed to your appointment.