Connect on LinkedIn Refer Dorie-Anne
* Practicing through a Law Corporation
Dorie-Anne Leggett is a partner who has practiced law since 1989. Her primary areas of practice include business law, commercial banking, commercial real estate and wills, and estates and trusts. Dorie-Anne represents a full spectrum of clients from individuals to corporations (large and small), commercial lenders and largeREAD FULL BIO
* Practicing through a Law Corporation
LLB, University of British Columbia (1988)
BA (Double Major Economics/Sociology), University of Victoria (1985)
British Columbia, 1989
Dorie-Anne Leggett is a partner who has practiced law since 1989. Her primary areas of practice include business law, commercial banking, commercial real estate and wills, and estates and trusts. Dorie-Anne represents a full spectrum of clients from individuals to corporations (large and small), commercial lenders and large institutions. She strives to provide each client with her focused attention and to provide top quality legal service in a timely and cost effective manner. Dorie-Anne understands business and the daily legal challenges her clients’ face. Over the years she has developed a strong and long-standing working relationship with many of her clients.
Dorie-Anne listens carefully to her clients and uses her extensive experience to assist them in reaching their business or personal goals or solving their legal issues. As a business owner, she understands the challenges that her clients face. From forming a new business, to negotiating a lease, obtaining financing, entering into complex business contracts or facing employee issues, Dorie-Anne continues to be there to assist the firm’s clients at every stage. Many business clients also refer to Dorie-Anne for their personal needs such as wills, powers of attorney, family trusts, and health care agreements, buying and selling real estate and the sale of their business on retirement. Dorie-Anne’s clients also seek her advice on the purchase and sale of investment properties.
Dorie-Anne is passionate about her legal practice. She started her journey in law at the age of sixteen as a legal secretary. Her education focused on the study of business by obtaining a double major in Economics and Sociology, graduating in the top 3% of her class. Dorie-Anne obtained her law degree from U.B.C. in 1988. She continues her legal education by attending numerous Continuing Legal Education and Canadian Bar Association seminars to ensure she can provide up to date legal advice to her clientele.
- Dorie-Anne acts as general corporate counsel for over six hundred companies and partnerships. In addition to annual maintenance, Dorie-Anne provides these clients with advice regarding corporate structure, succession planning, reorganization, and other general matters.
- Dorie-Anne is counsel to major commercial lending institutions preparing and securing loans on behalf of the client.
- As individuals enter into different stages of their lives their estate plans change. Dorie-Anne conducts an extensive review of each client’s personal and financial information before assisting that client in formulating an estate plan that meets their needs.
- Dorie-Anne represents commercial real estate developers in drafting complex purchase agreements, covenants, air space parcels, easements and other supporting legal documents as well as attending to the registration of the necessary plans in a timely manner.
Over the years, Dorie-Anne has conducted numerous seminars for financial institutions and individuals on real estate, and wills and estate planning.
- Dorie-Anne Leggett pays tribute to the late George “Skip” Perrin Cassady
- Rotary Pot of Gold Golf Tournament Raises $34,000 for Local Charities
- Cassady & Company Sponsors 25th Annual Pot of Gold Charity Golf Tournament
- Age is Just a Number Fundraiser Raises $25,000!
- Dorie-Anne Leggett named one of Top Three Business Lawyers in New Westminster
- Congratulations Salmon Bellies!
- Dorie-Anne Leggett named top New Westminster Real Estate Lawyer
- Supporting an Annual New Westminster Tradition – The May Day Tea
- Cassady Sponsors Pot of Gold Golf Tournament
- She is also a member of the Chairman’s Circle of the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation.
- Dorie-Anne is a past director of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, Douglas College Foundation and Royal City Rotary Club.
- The Canadian Bar Association and
- The New Westminster Chamber of Commerce.